Sunday, March 20, 2011

Something's fishy

 I'm giving this formatting another try.  Here's what we ate last weekend.  Cod on Saturday with roasted cauliflower.  I had to have some carrots for color.  The next picture shows the salmon before I fixed it.  It's Scottish salmon, something we've never had before.  We usually get Norwegian or Atlantic.  I made roasted sweet potatoes and coleslaw with those.  The last picture is my plate.  I can say that I've probably never taken a picture of my plate of food before I've eaten it, but there's always a first time.


I've only roasted vegetables for the last couple years.  It's so fast and it cooks about the same amount of time in the oven at a high temperature with the fish. 20 - 25 minutes, and everything is all done.  Tonight we grilled mahi mahi.  Bob buys trim pieces at work, so we had 3 pounds of fish for $6.  It's not my favorite fish, but I found a good recipe and it was really good.  I did not take pictures. 
 Well, I'm feeling kind of pleased here.  My writing is staying where I want it, and I wonder if it will look the same when I save it?  Off to bed, the weekends go too fast!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Aunt Becky, you are so cute. We rarely eat fish over here (too expensive), but we really love it when we DO have it. It seems you eat it quit a bit and I am jealous!!! Your meal looks lovely and it's fun to take pictures of food you eat. I am still drooling over your plate of food. It looks sooooo tasty. What do you usually season your fish with beside the lemon ??!!

    I love that you have been posting often :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do eat a lot of fish now. With white fish like cod, halibut, etc. I just dot it with butter, add some thinly sliced lemons and squeeze one over it all, salt and pepper and that's all. I brush salmon with olive oil and sprinkle lemon pepper and dill weed over it. I've tried other spices, but that's really my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have always made foods that look and sound so good! !
    We have also been roasting vegetables more in the last few years. They taste good done that way, and it is easy.

    ReplyDelete