Sunday, March 13, 2011

Adding pictures and making granola

Well, this took me an hour.  Arggg...I took some pictures today that I haven't loaded, but I just wanted to see if I could do this.  Here are a few of the moebius cowls I knit this winter.  Did I spell that right?  I used ends to make a couple striped ones.   I have pics of our fish dinners and my tapped maple tree.  I'll give that a try later.  Granola; I made my recipe today and thought I could swap walnuts for pecans.  Somewhat bitter, so I won't do that again :(

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you have knit quite a few mobeus (you spelled it the GERMAN way !!! I thought that was pretty neat, maybe you secretly know german!) cowls ! It looks like you chose some nice earthy deep colours. I LOVE them (and seed stitch is one of my favorites!) :) Are you just making them so that you have a nice stock for warm necks around the house, or do you plan on gifting them?

    So you DID tap the maple tree ?? Whoooaaa, I can't wait to hear how that acually went and hope that you will share ! I find it hilarious (but cute) imagining you outside tapping maple trees. I have a very funny image in my head. But I think it is a wonderful idea.

    As far as the granola, always fun to try something new. But never fun when it doesn't turn out as tasty as you hoped ! Learned something new for next time though!

    Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cowls, and I like the colors!! Looks like you have been busy knitting on these (past) cold winter evenings. (That are over now.)
    hmmmm, so the walnuts did not turn out as good. I have found pistachio's not to work very well either. Mine turned bitter. Perhaps they need to be added late? I will look into it.

    ReplyDelete