Monday, July 15, 2013

Mid-Summer - July 15

The older I get, the faster time goes is cliche, but there is so much truth in that.  When the kids were younger, summer stretched out forever.  Even December seemed endless as I got out all the advent calendars and looked at 24 whole days!!  Now summer means getting "stuff" gone through and rid of.  Cleaning closets out and trying to read a few books.
July is also the month of trips and vacations, lots to look forward to, memories made.  Over the 11th and 12th, I travel to Lanesboro to spend time with my parents and youngest brother.  We have rooms right on Main St. with a porch/deck to sit out on.  This year my mother celebrated her 80th with a surprise party of her brothers and assorted relatives.  This coming weekend will be spent up north at my husbands sisters' cabin.  When I return, I have a day to clean, wash, shop, cook and pack before I head to my parents for a week.  And then it's August.  Precious time...........

1 comment:

  1. Where have you BEEN!!!! I just discovered as I uncovered my old blog that I CAN POST IT TO FB! whoo hoo, we have a whole universe ahead of us, . . . .see you on other platforms, cupcake, . . . .

    ReplyDelete