Sunday, April 3, 2011

What I Did On My Spring Vacation

I may actually make some of my students write this very essay on Monday.  Here's some of what I did.  Monday I had my chiropractor appointment.  Afterward I went to Half Price Books and bought 2 books and 5 CD's.  I found the sound tracks to West Side Story, Showboat, Fiddler on the Roof, and South Pacific.  On Tuesday I took my niece Jessica out for lunch and we chatted for couple hours.  I also did some shopping!  I went to Kohl's with 15% off and bought a rug, a shirt, earrings, sandals and something else.  I spent just over $50 so I got a $10 cash coupon, which I used on Friday to buy some new sunglasses!  Then I went to DSW and used a $20 off $50 coupon.  I found the Eastland shoes I love in BLACK!!  They were on sale for $60 marked another 30% off and I also bought some Teva sandals on sale and scored another bargain!!  Wednesday I drove down to Northfield to get a cut and color.  Thursday I went to the mall with Bob's gift certificate from work and bought him shirts and pants for work.  On the way out of Macy's I stopped at the Origins counter.  The dermatologist told me to get GOOD sunscreen for my face.  I ended up buying one of their moisturizers with sunscreen and a serum with natural bleaching agents.  Laser treatments on my sun damaged spots are expensive, so I thought I'd try something that cost less.  Still on those 2 items I spent just under $100.  She did give me a free sample of the moisturizer for my purse and another sample of their cleansing scrub.  She could tell I don't exfoliate!  Friday I spent at home cooking a turkey, taking it off the bone, and boiling the carcass for soup.  I also made Ole some homemade dogfood, which I took a picture of.  I also took a picture of me and my sun damaged spots.  We'll see if that serum makes a difference in a month or 2 :)  Check out my scarf.  Grandma O. gave me some square silk scarves, about 20" by 20" years ago.  I've been wearing them the last year a lot.  I'm not a fashionable sort, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to be!!  So I didn't accomplish too much, but I had a chance to relax, read a little bit and walk the dog. Ready for work tomorrow...........

No comments:

Post a Comment