Saturday, April 23, 2011

New Baby

 Here is a picture of my ESL colleague and her new family.  Meg is the same age as Nels and we've worked together for 5 years.  She was my EA for 2 years and then went back and got her MAESL and has now been an ESL teacher for 3 years.  I love this girl like my daughter.  So I guess I'm kind of like a grandma! Ha!  Mason is sooooo...cute and he has wonderful parents.
The bad news?  Our school district is dumb!  They have cut 120 teachers, Meg being one of them.  They especially hit the ESL department, even reaching up to tenured teachers.  These are the kids who need the extra help and that's where we're cutting?  I think they're counting on the parents not speaking up.  Well we're organizing, writing letters, attending meetings, getting parents involved and if this new Mom is not in my building next year, I will be one sad girl!

1 comment:

  1. What a head of hair on that baby :) How sweet is he !!!? That is really sad about all of the cuts on teachers. It's quite disappointing to hear :(

    I definitely will think of her and her family and many other out there in the same situation. I do HOPE that parents really speak up and give those teachers back their positions !

    Congratulations to you grandma !!!! :) Mason is A-DORABLE !!!! ;) Oh, and you look really pretty in the first picture. Your hair looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete