Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Lot's of them too. 
First - Seven pounds dropped in a month loosely following the South Beach Diet.
Second - Motive for weight loss, a wedding in Las Vegas on 12/16, canceled.
Third - Keratoses on the head, formerly harmless, now cancerous.
Fourth - Youngest son may soon be leaving for graduate school.
Fifth - Tree seen decorated in previous post, now undecorated on bottom half thanks to 2 cats.

Number 3 isn't so serious.  Squamous cell carcinoma is fairly common in people with Northern European heritage who have been in the sun.  Very slow growing, so this is a recent change since it was looked at in June.  Vanity is my main concern because they have to do the MOHS procedure which will leave a spot where hair will not grow back and it's the top of my head.  So I'm kind of feeling sorry for myself about that.  I may be looking into scarves, headbands, etc. afterwards.  Those scarves I wrote about last spring?  Folded from corner to corner and tied under the hair, I may just be "back to the 60's"!  Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. It'll be alright! I'll be thinking of you. Take care of yourself! Have a nice Holiday.

    *Back to the '60s is right, haha! Might as well rock it the best you can :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Congrats!
    2. Better to cancel now than later.
    3. Bummer -
    4. Good for him!!
    5. Naughty cats!!!
    hope your new year is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you both. #1 is now 10 lbs. I'm eating a little sugar and bread/carbs this week, but I'll cut it out next week again. 2012 is upon us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi HIB, nice to meet you and your blog. Changes always seem awful and wonderful to me. Hope yours give you the best of both sides. I'll be checking :-)

    ReplyDelete