Monday, December 5, 2011

Artificial or Real?

This is the second year for my Christmas tree.  I guess now you know it's artificial.  When I grew up the tree was always real.  Sometime around 20 years ago we bought a big, small needled, artificial tree.  We don't have a basement, so we stored that monster under our steps.  It was quite a pain to set it up every year, but we felt justified in the fact that we were saving money.  I always missed a real tree though, so after  10 years we got rid of the sucker at a garage sale and started buying a fraser fir at the Home Depot.  We really are space challenged in our family room though, and when the tree was up you couldn't see the TV from the right end of the couch.  Last year I spied a $25 tall, skinny artificial tree at Target that seemed to say, "this is what you need".  And I bought it.  Here it is for the second year looking a little empty at the bottom, but a few gifts and dolls should fill it up nicely.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with an artificial tree. I've been setting up a 'life like' (I like that expression: it's what they use in the commercials... hilarious, eh?) tree ever since I've had my own place/apartment. Maybe I should make a new blog post (meh).

    Looks great! I agree though - it'll definitely look BETTER once it's got some gifts and 'dolls' (not sure what you mean by this, but I'd be curious to find out) beneath/around it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tree!!! I hope that you all had a nice holiday and a good new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I like 'life like'. I guess I don't pay attention during the commercials! By dolls, I mean Betsy's old American Girl dolls. They both have Christmas outfits and we sometimes set them up under the tree, but we didn't get around to it this year. maybe next...

    ReplyDelete