Friday, February 4, 2011

Learning Curve

OK, I've spent a little time experimenting with different layouts, but I can only find pre-made ones and my sister and nieces have such original looking backgrounds.  I'll keep checking on it, but later.  I kind of like this pink stripe for February anyways.  Well on the topic of food, I have really been giving thought to what I eat.  There was a really interesting article in the editorial section last week on the subject of meat, and eating less or not any at all.  Tonight I bought several kinds of rice, dried beans, sweet potatoes and a bunch of fruit.  I did buy some chicken because I'm making tortilla soup for the Super Bowl.  Go Packers!!  On the subject of knitting, last night I started another baby sweater while I anxiously await a gorgeous headwrap pattern from my niece.  When I get that, the sweater gets stashed and I'll immediately try one of those.  Well I'm off with my neighbor to the local watering hole!  Our husbands left yesterday to ice-fish in Lake of the Woods, and we are going to get a bite to eat and a drink or 2.  When I get back, the black beans are getting a rinse and an overnight soak.

3 comments:

  1. I sent you the headwrap pattern immediately after you gave me your email ;) I hope it didn't get caught in your spam. The name would read from 'Molly Nichole.' I'm sure it's in there. I even double checked to see if it was sent to the same exact email you gave me and it was ! I hope you find it in there and enjoy making it :) Because you are right...it is really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food is such an important part of our lives, that I give it a lot of thought as to what to "feed it." I see nothing wrong with eating some meat, as long as it is thoughtfully raised. Personally I choose not to eat it.
    What did you do with the black beans? Those are always enjoyable.
    Post a pic of the headwrap when you finish it! :)
    Cold days for the boys to be out ice Fishing! Do they have a nice warm ice shack??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made stuffed peppers with the beans I had left over from the soup. I had 4 peppers starting to wrinkle ever so slightly in the crisper. I mixed in rice, canned diced tomatoes, cheese, chopped onions, some seas. and VOILA! Bob really liked them. Haven't started the headwrap yet, need to get the larger needles. Have a nice day, they're talking mid 40's here!!!

    ReplyDelete