Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bandages.....

If you could see me now, Jacob Marley would come to mind.  I have a bandage running around the top of my head anchored with a chin strap bandage.  I am also "wearing" a pkg. of frozen peas on top at the moment.  Needless to say, I took another day off of school.  I should have some time today to figure out how and what I'm going to be wearing for a few weeks/months.  My SCC was invasive, which means it had gone deeper into the skin layers.  It is gone, but it did produce a few "babies" that we'll deal with later.  The surgery is done in a circle, which they then stitch up.  When you bring 2 sides of a circle together, you have to pull a little skin and it could be possible that I've also undergone a very tiny eyelift!  So my fears of a large quarter size bald spot have been somewhat calmed, but hair/scarf styling will be a challenge.  Sunscreen, people!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment